Our last day at Berchtesgaden


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Berchtesgaden
July 10th 2011
Published: July 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Yea you read it correctly our last day. Everyone wants to stay, Kirsten is saying sell the houses’ let’s buy a Zimmer. I’ll run it over here. You remember we had this issue when we were in Northern Italy a while back. Did you forget Will, Mark and Caroline still live in Winter Haven; Oh yea, I guess it would be hard to commute back and forth.

YEA! HELLO! Gee’s why do I have to be the bad guy.

Now that everyone is back down to reality Oma says today is Fest day at Berchtesgaden. Kirsten is out the door and halfway down the stairs. A few hundred years earlier the people of Berchtesgaden had this club or organization that shot guns. Ok, I don’t understand but basically it a Fest ’Festival' to celebrate these folks shooting their guns. Don’t ask.

We load up and head downtown; you’d think it was the fourth of July. I mean there were guns and cannons firing for the first hour. The second hour was everyone processing (parading) through town and where’s Oma. She was leading the parade. Opa, Kirsten and I was sitting at the café as Oma passes, about 15 minutes later Opa asks Kirsten, go and get you mamma.

Kirsten is smiling and laughing as she disappears into the crowd. We sit there and have another beer waiting. In a few minutes Oma and Kirsten appear, Oma says did you see us processing, Opa says , Oh yea, you and all them other Natzi’s. Kirsten and I are laughing all the way to our favorite restaurant for our last meal in Berchtesgaden. It was a great lunch.

Whenever we go to Germany Kirsten has tried to buy a DIrdle (one of those German dresses). Last year and the years before she would look and try on but never found what she wanted or it cost too much. Well Oma suggested that we go to the Konigsee and shop because the shops would be slow with everyone in town. So as we drove out to Konigsee I looked at Kirsten and said you’re going to have to loosen up that purse string if you’re going to get a nice dress. I think you can afford it dear. She looks at me with a pout and says OK!

Well I want everyone to know Kirsten Looks GREAT in her new Dirdle. Yes we will be having an Oktoberfest party, where & when I don’t know but there will be one this year.

We head back to the house and wash our closes and start packing. Oh yea, we played cards and Kirsten won.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0952s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb