July 23 Ludwigshafen to Tuttlingen: 45km


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Tuttlingen
July 23rd 2012
Published: August 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 20: Ludwigshafen to Tuttlingen: Today we headed to town for coffee first and then began our journey through the mountains to the Danube. It was a lovely day, despite the hills with a lot of people helping us. At one point we nearly got lost in the forest and you basically just try to follow cycle trails town to town, as it is not a main cycling route! We did manage to find our way to Tuttlingen, although it was definitely a very hard day and not nearly as pretty as our hard cycle from Basel to Konstance. Tuttlingen is again a lovely little town with free camping provided on the Danube in the local park. There was no one there when we arrived & thus we hesitated. We went and ate supper and when we returned with our wine we found about 6 other cyclists setup. We drank our wine and watched some soccer and then settled in for a nice quite night with about 10 campers. In Tuttlingen there is a great sign indicating the distance of the Danube or Donau as it is known here and we really felt like we were embarking on a new vacation again!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb