E-bikes are fab


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Where to from here?Where to from here?Where to from here?

Checking out directions with the E-Bikes
Our Guest Cards allows us to hire bikes for free so of course we chose E-Bikes to ride to Schluchsee. The trail is a dedicated cycle path going over a steep Pass between Titisee and Schluchsee. We had thought it may have been a relatively flat path since there appeared to be a chain of lakes on the map. We were very happy that we had E-Bikes and what wonderful machines they are. Whoever invented them should be a very rich person as they are enabling all sorts of people to cycle. Here in Europe they seem to be as prevalent as conventional bikes, especially for recreation. Whilst you still have to pedal, it flattens hills. Not really, but hills that would normally have us in Granny gears, we could sail up easily. I love them. Linds thinks it's cheating. It really doesn't matter as the point is to be out enjoying the ride which isn't always possible grunting up hill. We loved the fact that one of the lycra brigade passed us going up the hill and we were easily able to keep right behind him. It was so tempting to go past and smile. We were also amazed to see a person in an electric lie-back tri-bike and another in an electric wheel chair. Great! It is so good to see a variety of people catered for and not just the fit and able.

The ride took us along Titisee, up and over a Pass, down through forest, along a little lake and finally to Schluchsee 20kms away. Schluchsee turned out to be scenic but not as nice as Titisee. We had a coffee and turned around and cycled back again as we only had the bikes for half a day.

The afternoon was spent with a visit to Neustadt - still on the Lowa sandal hunt. There was a huge sports shop there but once again the size 45 did not exist. We have since found that there is a dedicated Lowa shop in Freiburg so it looks like another trip on the train coming up. I did however, get myself some Ecco sandals so half the job done. For the record, chasing a particular type of sandal is not a lot of nonsense. We wear them for hiking so they must fit properly and have good vibram soles for grip. Lowa's have always been great for comfort with both sandals and tramping boots.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.389s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1932s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb