Stuttgart Nov. 2008 with The Haight's!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Stuttgart
November 11th 2008
Published: November 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Last Friday afternoon we hopped on a Luftansa Airlines flight to Stuttgart, Germany to see a friend of mine from college, Annie, and her husband Seth! Annie and I studied in England together and traveled around Europe but have lost touch since college so it was great to reconnect. She and Seth have been living in Stuttgart for the last 2 1/2 yrs for his job and have loved it! Jason was excited to meet Annie and also excited for the German food. I'm not a huge kraut and sausage fan but I was looking forward to eating anything NOT Italian.

Seth and Annie picked us up from the airport on Friday night and we went to their apartment to settle in and then went to a great German restaurant and enjoyed some Flammkuchen and I tried the Spatzle which is kind of like mac n' cheese. Seth warned me that it was really good but may have caused some upset stomachs in the past. I should have listened! Jason, Seth and Annie enjoyed the German beer that was brewed right at the restaurant and we went to an Irish bar afterwards. It was a great night.

Saturday we slept in a little and then enjoyed some fresh German bread that Annie had for us and then we took off for an adventure in Stuttgart. Annie and Seth live in a smaller town outside of Stuttgart called Leonberg. It is a very cute little German town. We walked around Stuttgart, enjoyed a German lunch and walked through the market and the castle. There was a little festival going on, it appeared to be the start of what the xmas markets look like. Lots of good food for sale, sausages, waffles, sweets and of course more beer! We found great Stuttgart mugs and Jason only wanted his if it came with beer so that's what he did. (He hadn't finished his 1st beer yet!) There was an ice skating rink with tons of kids learning to skate. We could have stood there all day watching the little boy who kept falling and could not get up and then the old man who looked like a professional giving us a show!

On the way home we stopped at a church that turned out to be closed but it was beautiful with all the falls leaves around it. The highlight was
Us at a church in StuttgartUs at a church in StuttgartUs at a church in Stuttgart

Right before Jason stepped in a pile
when Jason stepped right in a big pile of dog poop under all the leaves on the way back to the car! I'm usually the one to do things like that. 😊

Saturday night we went to another great German restaurant in Leonberg, Jason was in heaven with all the German food we had during the weekend, sausage and sauerkraut are his favorite!

Overall it was a very relaxing and perfect weekend in Germany catching up with Annie after all these years. They were wonderful hosts and hopefully we will be able to pay them back with a visit to Bologna!


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



11th November 2008

What a great recap!
This is SUCH a good idea and a great reminder of how much I enjoyed your visit. I wish I would have started a travel blog 2 years ago. I'm a little behind the times now. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to read more from you guys!!
12th November 2008

Awesome pictures!
I loved all the pictures!!! The little children pictures are precious. Thank you for sharing. mom k
12th November 2008

Are you sure Jason really works? Looks like you are having so much fun ..., we are enjoying your blog and love the pics, it makes it seem like you are not so far away.. and Kristi you look great, Jason you look great too , but there is something about a pregnant women that just glows. Hope all continues to go well , love and miss you. Sue

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb