Wed. a.m.


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Mannheim
June 23rd 2010
Published: June 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Finding the elusive Italian placeFinding the elusive Italian placeFinding the elusive Italian place

And Jeremy making shadow puppets.
Still didn't find the Italian place last night, and actually he was taking me to a different place that someone had told him about ....but we couldn't find that one either, so we opted for a random place, had a delicious pizza and shared a bottle of chianti. We had a deep conversation about many topics, one of which was a bet as to how long Carrie Underwood and her hockey (i stand corrected, i thought he played football) playing husband's marriage would last. This is the official record that J gets the under on 5 years - whoever wins gets a trip somewhere.

I thought I'd wait for J today and "surprise" him by dragging him along with me on today's excursion, but, it's now 11:15 and he's not back yet - I'll give it about 20 more minutes.

Today i'll be going to Ladenburg, about a 20 minute train ride from here, "the most colorful and restored of the little towns on the Neckar River".

I've made a decision (yes!) about one of the days of our final 3 (baby steps) -- We are leaving all of our luggage here at the train station in Mannheim, we are getting a 3-day rail pass and packing only what will fit in my purse and in his combuter bag and we are just going to wing it except for thursday night we have a reservation for one night at a castle just outside of Rotheburg ob der Tauber at Burghotel Colmberg- we got the last room. The rest we'll figure out as we go. And we'll be wearing basically the same thing for 3 days.

Advertisement



23rd June 2010

Hey gw! I love this. Just read every word and feel like I've actually been there with you. :) sounds like a wonderful trip and just so good to be on vacation with your handsthum. I love you!
23rd June 2010

Does that mean no more blogs?? Noooooo! But sounds like a great plan. Can't wait to hear about it!!
23rd June 2010

hmmm, good question - depends on how much stuff we can fit, but i hope to make the laptop one of the essential items!
23rd June 2010

Carrie is marrying a hockey player. I also give it 5 or fewer.
23rd June 2010

oops, you are right - he IS a hockey player. the bet remains.

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb