July 22 Konstance to Meersburg 15km


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Konstanz
August 22nd 2012
Published: August 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 18: July 22 - Konstance to Meersburg: 15km.

We rode to the ferry across Lake Constance (Bodensee) to incredibly beautiful city of Meersburg. On the ferry there is a charge but the person collecting money intentionally skipped us over (giving us the wink) which was nice :-) It was a short ride and when we got into town we saw our biggest hill climb yet up a cobblestoned rode. We wandered around below climbing the hill to ensure we were headed the right direction. Meersburg is a very marine themed city & on the waterfront was a 'very' whimsical sculpture, the likes that I've never seen. We headed up the climb and did the Castle tour. It was just amazing and definitely the highlight of the trip thus far for me, as I am a major history buff and it is a castle worth seeing. We stopped at information and ran into a fellow Canadian living in Germany, (Stacy), who was from Barrhead Alberta. He had lots to share with us about getting around and we really enjoyed chatting with him. We headed out of town after with plans to ride about 15km to camp. We got about 3km out of town & it started to pour (like buckets). Denis parked me under a tree & went in search of shelter & came back to say we had a room at a Elisabeth's Pension 5 minutes away. We spent our first night out of the tent & ordered in Hawaian Pizza for supper! We happily drank wine & relaxed. AFter arriving another couple came into say the sewers were spouting in Meersberg & that there was hail! We determined a good choice was made. We awoke to a view of the Swiss Alps and Lake Constance. It was lovely, but oddly enough neither of us slept well at all and we were looking forward to the tent again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb