2018 Bucharest to Amsterdam


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Heidelberg
August 3rd 2018
Saved: June 11th 2020
Edit Blog Post

August 3, 2018. Heidelberg. Our boat was on the Rhine, but we took a bus to Heidelberg on the Neckar River. Heidelberg is famous for its university and one of the students was our local guide for a brief walking tour of the old city center. Heiliggeistkirche, or Church of the Holy Spirit, in the middle of the market place is a Gothic structure opened in 1398, has a steeple that dominates the old town. Jesuitenkirche, the Baroque "Jesuit Chuch" opened in 1759. The beautiful Heidelberg University Library building is a combination of Renaissance and Art Nouveau styles faced in red stone. Heidelberg Castle was built before 1214 and much expanded by 1650, then damaged by later fires and wars. It is an impressive ruin with parts that are intact with a wine cellar, museum, adjacent extensive garden and commanding views of the city and river below.


Additional photos below
Photos: 132, Displayed: 22


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

4th June 2020

Beautiful ?
Great photos x
7th June 2020

Thanks.
I'm glad you got to see the photos. They have vanished from the Web site. I hope it's not a permanent loss, but instead a hiccup.
4th June 2020
Heidelberg, Germany

Loved it
made me wish I were there....looks like you had a beautiful day.
7th June 2020
Heidelberg, Germany

Thanks.
I'm glad you liked the photos. They have vanished from the Web site. I hope they return. I've noticed that when I view other person's photos, there sometimes is a question mark where the photo should be.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb