Spectacular Sight in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 31st 2011
Published: July 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.8566, 2.35097

The morning began with breadfast at the hotel. It was a good way to start a full day of sightseeing in Paris. Our first destination was to do a river walk along the banks of La Seine River through the center of Paris. The walk took us to two islands, Ile St. Louis and Ile de la Cite.There was a small church on the Ile St. Louis called St. Louis Church.

On the other island we visited Notre Dame Cathedral. The Cathedral was quite large with many columns and statues of the apostles displayed as part of the front facade. There were two steeples on this church. The inside was impressive with it's statues and stained glass windows.

From there we walked along Quai Des la Hotel Deville, past the landmark Hotel Deville, and to the Musee du Louvre. The Louvre is a monstrous museum with several courtyards, fountains, gardens and tall ornate buildings with carved facades.

We continued our walk through the Jardon Des Tuleries. Then on to the Champs Elysees. In this area we window shopped many famous upscale retail stores such as Cartier, Chanel, Burma diamonds, and Dior. It was very impressive.

We did stop for a lunch snack which included a delicious strawberry cream tart. Later in the evening we enjoyed a interesting dinner in a Japanese Restaurant.


We probably walked more that 5 miles todayto capture the ambience of the downtown Paris area .




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb