A day in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 24th 2014
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.8566, 2.35097

This morning we decided to have a well earned rest and had a lazy morning. However that spurned us to work harder in the afternoon. Our first port of call was the louvre. We went around a little tour we have discovered in travel guide and saw lots of works of arts from many different eras including the Venus de milo and the wedding at Cana- however we didn't forgot to visit the Mona Lisa which was quite remarkable to see after the millions of pictures you see of it.
After a few hours here we wanted up to the arc de triomphe du carrousel - this was a beautiful arch which was the entrance to the jardin Des Tuileries. This was a lovely tranquil park and great place to watch the world go by. We then wondered up the streets till we got to the st eustsche church - this is the fourth largest church and was rather gothic.
We then wondered up to a lovely street called rue montorgueil. This is a street full of little cafés and food shops. It would be rude not to sample the goods so we made a pitstop for coffee and cake. Following this we went to the centre Pompidou - this was a large industry building turned art gallery which had the escalators on outside. This was good sight and was made better as the square was a bustling place and good for people watching.
However there was plenty more to see so we carried on and visited the hotel de ville which was the government building but was an ornate building and was beautiful to see. We then wandered to see both the place des Vosges and the place de la Bastille - these were lovely squares. Following this we wandered by the canal st Martin.
After a tiresome day we headed for some dinner on an outside terrace which was tasty and very relaxing before heading back to hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb