Annecy Cruising


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 4th 2016
Published: July 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 3 July 2016

Sunshine and a cloudless blue sky greeted us this morning. Lyn, Neville and Jan had a relatively early start…a brisk walk through the old town and along the canals. Mabel stayed at the apartment and knitted! The perfect weather enticed the four of us to the lake, Lac d’Annecy, and an hour long cruise. A superb way to spend the latter part of the morning on a perfect summer’s day. As we cruised along we observed 17 paragliders floating down from the top of a 2000 feet mountain. Several man-made beaches lined the shoreline, some are free to use, other private beaches were at a cost to use. Members of the Royal Family and Sir Winston Churchill spent some of their holidays in the area. Submerged footings of a chateau are still in existence. This lake is a haven for individual and family sporting activities... peddle boats, motor boats, paddle boarding, water ski-ing; then walking and bike riding around the 40km circumference of the lake.

We lunched at the apartment then went out exploring again, by foot. Mabel has done a lot of knitting! Lyn is very pleased, as it is a jumper for her! As a reward, Lyn blessed Mabel with a relaxing facial. It should be Lyn’s new occupation, according to Mabel! A quiet and relaxing late afternoon was enjoyed on the balcony of the apartment, followed by a home cooked dinner roast chicken.



Must we pack? Yes, after a most enjoyable and memorable couple of days, we need to prepare for our early morning departure to Dijon….with some beautiful stops along the way.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Beautiful Lac d'AnnecyBeautiful Lac d'Annecy
Beautiful Lac d'Annecy

The water is the purest of all lakes in Europe
Salut! Salut!
Salut!

Lunch followed a beautiful time on the water
Relaxed!Relaxed!
Relaxed!

Loves knitting!


4th July 2016

Looks so beautiful!
Thanks for sharing your adventures. What a perfect way to spend a day! So happy for you!
4th July 2016

Sigh!
What a place! Have added it to my list of places to visit 'next time'. So glad you have sunshine; not so here I'm afraid. You all look very happy and relaxed, especially Mabel! Enjoy beautiful Dijon! ( Have a cake or two for me.)
4th July 2016

Cruising
Wow! How delightful cruising on such a picturesque lake....and how wonderful for you Jan sharing another wonderful trip with your darling mum & dear friends.
5th July 2016

Happy travels
Just loving your blog and pics seeing you all having fab time Xx
5th July 2016

Travel envy
The weather looks glorious, as does the scenery. I have never heard of Annecy, but now it's on my bucket list. Check you email from time to time, as I will update news of Lorraine. XX

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb