Day 10


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 28th 2015
Published: May 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After two big days we have a bit of a sleep in.

Today we are on a hop on hop off bus, which takes four routes around the city.

We learn more about past kings of France and how they have shaped history over centuries of time.

We also discover how big the city is and it all starts to look similar whichever corner you turn.

Lazy on the photos today, easier to sit and relax.

Tonight we have booked a French Resturant, picked for its locality to us and the best rated on TripAdvisor.

The restraunt "Le Tournebievre" is near Notre Dame and quiet small, seating only about 30 inside and a dozen or so outside.

There are a few French dining here which is a good sign and it's quite unnerving to watch grown French men of all ages greet each other with the double cheek kiss.

I was keen for the escargot as we want to try the local specialty when we go somewhere.

Presented in garlic butter sauce, they are a bit chewy and very earthy maybe of strong mushroom taste.

Michelle try's half of one and neither of us think they are that good. Michelle had the crayfish cake with apple and cucumber which was lovely

Both our mains were just ok as we think how much better the meals in Aus are.

Sweets were oustanding.

We end the night with a stroll through the streets of Paris


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb