Briare


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
October 23rd 2014
Published: November 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Thurs 23rd



Long drive today...Granville to Briare. Not too bad, but very congested round Paris and Versailles, but I think that was mainly due to roadworks. Arrived at Pete and Margaret’s canal boat ‘Vintage Crue’ about 4pm – just in time for sundowners!! So good to be with people who know all about sundowners...and great to see them again.







Fri 24th – Sun 26th



A very relaxing time with Pete and Marg, catching up on people, stories and each others adventures. Toured around Briare, Gian, and other little surrounding towns. Caught up on internet stuff using their wifi and just had a great time being with good friends again. Most nights Pete cooked up great meals and each afternoon out came the fresh baguette, pate and cheeses. I could so get used to the French style of eating!! Briare is a stunning little town, perfect place to ‘winter’. Gian is a much larger town nearby so you can get anything you need anytime. Amigo – their cat took to Phil’s beard and hair quite quickly and didn’t seem to mind having us on board. Unfortunately he’s hurt his back leg. Torn a ligament and they’ve since found out that it can’t be repaired as he’s too old for surgery. He shouldn’t be in any pain, but will have to live with a limp now. We had a massive lunch on Sunday with the canal boat association that Pete and Marg have just joined. Once again, mostly French food, except for the chicken curry for mains, that was very mild and beautifully creamy!! Coffee at the end way too strong and thick...like an expresso!! Must remember not to have coffee here in France, unless it’s a Grande Creme.



Every morning the ducks (P&M have named their two favourites FiFi and Jean Claude) come round for their bread, and one day the geese also started coming. M has decided that she wont feed them anymore unless on the bank as they’re trying to scare off Fifi and Jean Claude. Stunning to wake up to the view on the canal with the ducks and geese, and goings on around. Could very easily get used to this lifestyle too!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.425s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1126s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb