Lourdes: Andy's Blog


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
August 13th 2011
Published: August 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was our day in Lourdes, France. The day started off with our group walking to this white ten. We were the first group to get to this tent, that was for all the youth going to World Youth Day that were in Lourdes today. Upon arriving people that were running the tent asked where we were from. Then they told us to get stickers and pamphlets. Then we were aksed if we wanted to led the procession to the grotto by carrying a huge cross. We then attended a mass for all the youth there in Lourdes. We got to sit in the very front and the site was beautiful. After the mass, we went to go touch the rocks in the grotto and take a few pictures, because it is a very peaceful place. Then after lunch the guys and the girls separated and went to go stand in line for the bathes. We waited for almost four hours to get in but it was a very peaceful and amazing experience. The amazing part of the experience is that once we left the bathes we were all dried. After the bathes it was like a guys and girls night out. The guys just walked around the city and interacted with all the youth and I think the girls went shopping. Back at the hotel the guys meet these girls from El Salvador, who were really cool and we played uno with them. This was our day in Lourdes, France.

-Andy Garbe


Advertisement



Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb