Day 18


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
August 8th 2010
Published: August 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 18
As we have come through the mountains it definatley feels like we have got fitter and stronger. Again today’s journey seems to have gone great, feeling quite like a warm up.
By the time we were eating lunch today we had already done the bulk of the day’s work. Having climbed over the Col de Port and ridden up to a town called Ax les Thermes where we had lunch (at 4pm). After this we shopped for dinner then tried to find a campsite. It turned out that the only one that was close and that we could afford to stay in was ½ way up our last big mountain coll and so up we came to a really nice wee campsite, at our highest night time altitude of around 1000m. We had hoped to camp on the top of the coll tonight but the weather has turned and we’re expecting to hear that familiar pitter patter of raindrops very soon and maybe even some thunder.
This is our last night among the mountains tonight and we’re going to be sad to say good bye tomorrow, but its off to the final leg of our journey after that.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb