Day 8


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
August 8th 2010
Published: August 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 8
Today feels like it has been very very long indeed. The day started off well, and we both knew that we had a solid hours ride to Mimizan then we could spend the rest of the day on the beach enjoying the sun.
We rolled into town at around mid day and the thermometers were already reading over 30. With a completly clear blue sky we got down to the beach as fast as we could and into a prime sunbathing spot on the beach where we chilled untill around 6pm this evening.
We then decided we should find a campsite and then find food and internet before eating. This proved the wrong combination of events. As we were sitting in Mc Donalds and soring out the internet we realised that the supermarket was about to shut. So we raced out and across, but we were too late. We returned hungry to our campsite determined to try and keep a better eye on the time in future. This faux pas did however mean a break from the usual pasta dinner as we splashed out at the campsite bar, ordering pizzas for dinner which was great.
Tomorrow we have a whole day of rest on the beach planned before setting out for the south end of this amazing coast the day after.
Although today was a rest day, we did manage some riding too and the speedo is fixed....
Ride time: 2:38:28
Average speed: 22.5km/h
Distance: 59.61km
Trip distance: 761.14km
Max speed: 34.0km/h
Tomorrow’s challenge is to ride less than 20km!!!
night
xx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb