Day 7


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 20th 2010
Published: July 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 7

We awoke today to a beautiful and clear sky. The sun came over the horizon at around 8am and started to dry the heavy dew that had fallen over night. Sunday in France means that all the shops are shut, so with this in mind, we had stocked up with bread for lunch and breakfast and enough nutella to make a chocolate paddling pool!
After breakfast was down and we had packed up all our stuff we were on our way. Today was supposed to be a monster, all the way to a coastal town called Mimizan. However, after a few hours of fast riding in 30 degree heat we decided that this was not a good option and that we would settle for a town about 30 km to the north that is on the side of a large lake.
Our biggest problem today has been trying to drink enough to avoid serious dehydration, i think we managed to each drink around 3 litres before we stopped.
Tonight we have found a really nice little campsite in an old farm right on the lochside which is great, and we have actual grass to sleap on which is pretty exciting. And tomorrow we’re off to mimizan where we used to spend some time as a family when we were wee, so we’re both pretty excited.

Today’s stats were:
Distance: 134.25km
Ride time:5:11:09
Average speed:25.98km/h
(thats all for tonight because my speedometer has gone into some kind of strange mode, i’ll try and fix it for tomorrow night)
xx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.422s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb