Day Eight...Having fun in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
October 11th 2009
Published: October 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Larry at breakfast.Larry at breakfast.Larry at breakfast.

A little cafe across the street from the "Bates Motel Paris."
Day Eight…Having fun in Paris

Today was packed with surprises…Did you know that they run the French Peachtree Road Race? Well, we saw it today. Of course, it is run along the Seine River. It appeared to be as large as the Peachtree. The amazing part was that there were bands set up along the Seine. We took pictures of two of them. One band was playing “Mustang Sally” and the other was playing “Take me to the River.” Both in English….Amazing! Can you imagine bands at the Peachtree Road Race playing French songs? I don’t think that is going to happen.

We toured the Orsay Museum. It was fantastic… Saw lots of women’s breast…
We also visited Notre Dame and stood on the geographic center of Paris. There is a plague where which all distances between Paris and other cities in France are measured…point zero.
On our walk back to the hotel, three military helicopters (see pix) hovered over the river for several minutes. Everyone was staring and taking pictures so this obviously isn’t a every day thing.

The next surprise was that the police staged a rescue in the river. A diver jumped off the bridge
Statue at the bridge.Statue at the bridge.Statue at the bridge.

This is the bridge across the street from the National Assembly.
into the Seine and swan around until the police boat rescued him. The entire bridge was jammed with spectators watching this… really cool.





Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Another statue.Another statue.
Another statue.

Paris has a few statues.
Gail at the River Seine.Gail at the River Seine.
Gail at the River Seine.

A beautiful day.
Mustang Sally BandMustang Sally Band
Mustang Sally Band

This band was playing Mustang Sally at the Paris Half-Marathon.
Take Me to the River BandTake Me to the River Band
Take Me to the River Band

This band was playing "Take Me to the River."
Inside the Orsay Museum.Inside the Orsay Museum.
Inside the Orsay Museum.

Just incredible.
Notre DameNotre Dame
Notre Dame

Front center door.
Notre DameNotre Dame
Notre Dame

Above front center door.
Point ZeroPoint Zero
Point Zero

Where all distances from Paris are measured.
Police helicoptersPolice helicopters
Police helicopters

Three police helicopters hovered over the Seine for several minutes. Water was spraying everywhere.
Police rescue.Police rescue.
Police rescue.

A diver jumped off the bridge and the police boat resuced him. Cool!
Dominos in Paris.Dominos in Paris.
Dominos in Paris.

They have a great delivery system.


Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb