Heading down south


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
August 15th 2009
Published: August 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Waking up on thursday morning with the sun shining in the tent door was super.A quick breakfast and it was off out on to the road.We had a 09.30 start as we planned to do a little bit over 500 kms.We used the French Autoroute system which is really great.Fast roads and free moving traffic.We were able to keep up a good speed (between 80 - 90 MPH) (140 - 160 KMh) and in no time at all we were passing Toulouse and heading on towards Tarbes.We stopped for lunch at an autoroute service station and had a relaxing hour or so chilling with suprisingly good food.The next stop was a water and cafe stop at a Shell service place and there we were able to use the Free WIfi.
We turned off the main road just before Tarbes and headed up to the foothills of the Pyrenees.The road (D929) was steep and very very very twisty.Reaching the top or near to we discovered that the road had been blocked by a massive rock fall and nobody could go any further.It was just after seven in the evening and this was a bit bad because it meant we would have to go all the back down and take the tunnel.As we were heading down we spotted a place we had seen on the way up and decided to turn in and have a look.It was our lucky day !!!,We got the last room in the house.Dinner and breakfast was included in the price. Cold beers were the first stop and then off to dinner.
The place was full of walker types, Healthy outdoorsy sorts with big brown boots.We were the exotics with our leather kit and big black boots.!!! This place has no internet,no telephone and no curtains on the window.......Wake up early!!!
Ok thats it for the night,We tossed a coin for the bed and I lost ,so its off to the floor for me.The next time take a lady with me!!!!

More to come ...........,


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



15th August 2009

Re new entries
Really nice pictures of the pyrenees, didnt know it looked so beautiful. Hows the bike doing, technically and fuel consumption? Pepe was a big hit last evening, with all the german and english guests! He´s got a new repertoire and a new soundsystem and you really notice the difference. We had the best caja upto now, even better than talisman. All our usual spanish collegas were there and the ambience was really good. Football this afternoon was good, few guests but good drinkers. So Thats it for today, will look into the Anday Eoin Triumph Tour for new news. Ride Safe! Keith

Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb