Day 16. Virtual Ride. 26 miles.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
February 28th 2021
Published: February 28th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Another lovely day for a bike ride. Today's route was up to Cow Ark, past Marl Hill Farm, through Newton and Dunsop Bridge and home via Middle Lee's and Cow Ark. So a little more challenging than some of our other routes.


Our virtual journey would be continuing south east winding through more vine-yards and tiny villages all with signs trying to entice us in to try, and buy, their champagne. Hilly for most of the journey but arriving in the Marne valley as we near our destination.

We pass through the City of Chalons en Champagne. With picturesque views of the Marne and its many tributaries, Châlons is often referred to as ‘Little Venice ’ and there has always been an artistic energy to the city.  Although it is only about a quarter of the size of Reims it is the capital of the Marne department. Our destination is La Chaussee sur Marne, another very small village on the River Marne. It is also on the road to Saint Jacques de Compostela and this attracts many pilgrims and tourists.
The Camino de Santiago known in English as the Way of St. James, is a network of pilgrims' ways or pilgrimages leading to the shrine of the apostle Saint James the Great in the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia in northwestern Spain, where tradition has it that the remains of the saints are buried there. Many follow its routes as a form of spiritual path or retreat for their spiritual growth.

Today's photos are from our route today, as we live in such a beautiful area and I don't have anymore for this part of our virtual route.

Photos....Marl Hill Farm, where an Aunt and Uncle used to farm.
Two views from near Whitewell.
West Riding of Yorkshire market.
Primroses.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb