day one, not given birth yet ??


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Upper Normandy » Rouen
July 26th 2016
Published: July 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

So, here we are again and this time it's not so much around Europe in a van, more round Europe hoping not to give birth. Theoretically there are a good ten weeks before the bladder puncher makes an appearance but there's a big part of me fully expecting a Slovenian birth or similar. At least I have the best issuance money can buy ( but not a car seat......) So this year we headed to Calais in the car expecting delays and carnage. Instead we had the easiest journey through the port and on to the ferry that we've ever had. A calm sailing and we landed in an equally quiet Calais and headed to Rouen. Given my current hefty with child state the only thing I can really comment on fully are the public toilets on route ( all good) and after some confusion with car parking and how to get to it we finally arrived in THE poshest hotel ( clearly dressed like slobs) checked in and resisted the temptation to just go to bed. A short stroll found us a pizza and pasta and as banana split. A slightly longer stroll got us back to the hotel for drinks in the stunning fifteenth century hotel coutyard with the sparrows and a mouse. The bladder puncher clearly lies Europe having not stopped punching all evening, just hope they keep themselves in there till were back on home soil!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.304s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0871s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb