Viviers day #8


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Viviers-du-Lac
July 11th 2012
Published: July 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

ViviersViviersViviers

oldest and smallest in all of France
This morning we enjoyed a cool, quiet, lovely walking tour of this charming peaceful village. We walked to the smallest cathedral in all France. The difference between a cathedral and a church is that a bishop sits in a cathedral but not in a church. This cathedral has a marvelous organ and we were treated to a concert by the organist.

We returned to the boat in time for lunch. After lunch they had a tour for the afternoon to lavender fields but we chose to stay on board because we already saw the lavender fields during our Sunday tour with Jane of Experience Provence. Jim and I went to the top deck and I read from some books on dining and shopping in Paris as well as upcoming burgundy wineries. The weather and scenerie were glorious and we enjoyed a quiet, sunny but not oppressive afternoon.

Dinner tonight was an epicurean delight both food and wine. For the appetizer, we chose a Creme Brulee fois GRAS. then a French onion soup and finally a wonderful beoff with oxtail relish. The highlight was the Valrhona cholocate soup with ice cream and port. OMG ... It was great.

Tomorrow tain l'hermitage and Valrhona chocolate. We also heard today that Christian Loubiton shoes Headquarters are nearby..maybe we will get lucky!


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

ViviersViviers
Viviers

nuclear power plants


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb