We've arrived!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Valence
July 16th 2011
Published: July 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well, the journey was long as expected. The flights were good and we all managed to get a few hours sleep. Each seat had its own TV with a remote/controller and we could each choose to watch TV shows, movies, play games, etc. on our own screen. It was pretty cool! Needless to say, the flight went fast!

Connected in Schipol and recognized the airport right away. Had a 3 hour stopover but got lucky and Nigel and I got bulkhead seats for that flight so were really able to stretch out our legs. Too bad we didn't get that for the long flight...

Arrived in Lyon and found the car. Drove to St. Peray using the GPS. We must have done something wrong though near the house cuz we ended up driving up a small mountain and the road was under major construction. We kept thinking it must be wrong but the GPS kept telling us where to turn. Eventually we came back down the winding road on the other side of the mountain and found the house almost right away. I think it was probably the most direct route but not the most commonly traveled roads...Upon arrival the kids both swam and Nigel napped while I read for a bit.

The main highways here are 130 km/hour (although the speed limit signs do show 110 km/h in the rain) so it feels a little like the autobahn experience in Germany last year.

The plan for the evening is to take the bikes out for a short ride and get our bearings (Nigel will get his bearings) and maybe find a park where the kids can make some new amis! Gonna go and sit on the back porch now and have some local wine and a chunk of baguette (I brought my own peanut butter this year so don't be offended when I say I may have some peanut butter on it)

Blog ya later!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Gaming on the plane!Gaming on the plane!
Gaming on the plane!

Russell played Solitaire while Rachel watched a movie.


Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb