Day 12 - Tournon sur Rhone


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Tournon-sur-Rhône
July 1st 2016
Published: July 2nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Starting to feel like we are being fattened for the slaughter. We have eaten so much. At least 3 to 4 courses each meal and yeah I know, you don't have to eat it but the food is so good it is hard to knock back. Anyhow, off to breakfast.....

We have a cruising morning so quite a few take advantage of a sleep in. Lots sitting in the lounge watching our progress up the river, some reading, computing and sleeping. Very lazy morning.

We do lunch then onto a bus for a quick trip to our next outing. A ride on the Ardeche steam train up into the hills. All herded into open carriages with vey hard seats then we start the climb up to a station with a very long name. Beautiful scenery on the way. We follow a river which has lots of swimmers at every bend, including one nudey. Ooh la la....

At the top the engine is taken off, and then manually turned on a turntable. There is a guy selling cherries and apricots who makes a killing. Nice cherries...

Back down and then the obligatory souvenir shop and back to the ship. We decide to wander the town which has a 10th century castle and an interesting church. Lots of very narrow streets as well. Back for dinner which is a special one - something about Marches de Rotisserie. Told it would be like rotisseried lamb - turned out to be rack of lamb. Very nice. Some light rain so no deck tonight, just Gabor and his keyboard.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.38s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb