11th of June towards Mont Joly


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Saint-Gervais-les-Bains
August 10th 2013
Published: September 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Last morning from Peter's house deckLast morning from Peter's house deckLast morning from Peter's house deck

Foggy clouds cleared and sunny day was ahead
11th of June: packed our things, went for a walk around Passy lake, shopped for food, went to Peter's friend, purchased rain coat-big expence for me, but together visited nice place, exciting driving and getting ideas of more hikes around. Arrived at the chalet - our new stay for the remaining time in Alps. We said warm good bye with all appreciation to Peter. Settled in and decided to go to the closest hike towards Mont Joly. Nice hike through small villages, more cow herds with the bells, Walking on the road through big forest. Took wrong turn, got back, headed other direction and then signs appeared. We heading to bare mountains with kind of new path on the slope, which had few snow tongues still hanging. after crossing few, Jovita decides to go back, I continue on my own. Got to the top - so dry, sunny, vast spaces, people repairing the lift, i turned to the chalet and then i saw entire path on the slope of Mt. Geroux (2288m) towards the mountain Joly is completely in snow and small dot of a person, which soon disappeared around the mountain..I do not wish to hike on snow, it was getting late and I felt tired, so i chose to go little up along the fence, where no snow and return back on the top ( which most likely called Cretet des Vernes with Tete du Vanay of 1859m) parallel to the path on the slope. Very nice walk, couple nice crossings of snow, stop at the chalet with water access, looking at scenery while laying on the bench with head hanging and enjoying even more impressive views from upside down position 😊 When i reached our village, I was tired, still managed to get lost in the village and approached familiar place from main highway. 7-8pm must of been when i was back. Tiredness with strange energy during all hikes, what is it? No matter, just so rewarding.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Lake PassyLake Passy
Lake Passy

We had nice walk around. Used to be a mine
Les PlansLes Plans
Les Plans

The nun also was walking with walking sticks :)
Les Chattrix church is part of some Baroque trail Les Chattrix church is part of some Baroque trail
Les Chattrix church is part of some Baroque trail

But my aim was mountain trails with most heavenly churches - mountain peaks, but the man built churches are charming too and this one we were passing everytime we go hiking on different mountain trails.
Mont Vorassay 1819 and les Chosalets 1702Mont Vorassay 1819 and les Chosalets 1702
Mont Vorassay 1819 and les Chosalets 1702

I named it as "Green mountain" and the next day i climbed it...almost :)


5th November 2013

Les plans or les Chattrix
It's Les Chattrix. one of the chapels from le chemin du baroque which start in combloux and end in St Nicolas.
7th October 2014

Thanks for commenting
So sorry, noticed the comments only now! But together it is nice, i will go back in time through pictures and will try figure out my mistake :)

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb