Annecy - Day 2


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Annecy
June 15th 2007
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

La Roche s/ FuronLa Roche s/ FuronLa Roche s/ Furon

The road sign to our next stop for lunch and a walkabout.
We were looking forward to a full day of sightseeing, checking out places we used to go and later on visiting with friends from the days we lived in Annecy. We started off with a typical Petite Dejeuner in the hotel restaurant and then decided to walk down the street to look at the small village of Mercier where we used to live and to see the house we used to live in. To our surprise, the house had been completely re-modeled and another house had been built on what had been a big yard and garden. It was a little sad to see it all changed, but we were not all that surprised since it had been 14 years since we left.

Next we headed over to another small village we used to visit called La Rouche sur Foron. We walked around a bit and had a great lunch there before heading to Villy-le-Pelloux. This is a small village with an "extended stay" hotel called Auberge des Chasseurs we called home for about 8 weeks or so after first arriving in Annecy back in 1991 while we searched for a house. We lived on the top floor up
Villy-le-PellouxVilly-le-PellouxVilly-le-Pelloux

This is the "extended stay" hotel called Auberge des Chasseurs we called home for about 8 weeks or so after first arriving in Annecy back in 1991 while we searched for a house. We lived on the top floor up on the right.
on the right. It looked incredibly run down since we were last there. Our oldest daughter Martina met her friend Harold Vernon there during this time.

Our next stop was Cuvat. This is a small village near Annecy where our youngest daughter Kristin went to school. The town had a lot of new buildings and the school had also been enlarged.

The next stop on Friday was drinks with Gerard and Maryse Falconnet at their home in Cuvat. This is a wonderful couple who we met through their daughter, Aurélie, who was and still is a good friend of Kristin's. They met while attending school together in Cuvat.

After visting with them, we headed back to the Hotel Beau-Sejour where we met Martina's friend Harold Vernon for dinner at a fabulous restaurant located at the Hotel Beau-Sejour. The restaurant was called Le Mil' Neuf Sens and it was a great restaurant with great views during the daytime.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Ecole de CuvatEcole de Cuvat
Ecole de Cuvat

This is the school Kristin attended when we lived in France.
AurélieAurélie
Aurélie

This is a photo of Aurélie Falconnet, the best friend of our youngest daughter, Kristin. The view is from her parent's patio - can you imagine seeing that view every day?
Our Friends In CuvatOur Friends In Cuvat
Our Friends In Cuvat

This is a photo of Zdena and myself with Gerard & Maryse Falconnet.
Dinner With HaroldDinner With Harold
Dinner With Harold

This was a photo of Zdena and Harold Vernon at dinner.


1st July 2007

Great surprise to receive your blog....I'm looking forward to more
1st July 2007

blogs
where are the other days???? interesting place, never been there. the pic from the mountain is great.
2nd July 2007

See Previous Journal
I didn't email everyone until the second journal, so to see the first one, click on Previous Journal.

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb