C'est tres bon!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Annecy
May 29th 2019
Published: May 29th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Trip toTurin, via Milan, went well yesterday. Stayed across from the Porta Susa train station in Turin last night in a B&B that was in a classic building. The room had 15 ft ceilings and it is the only place we've ever stayed that you needed 5 keys to get in the building and to your room. What we didn't have was a functioning internet connection so you didn't get your daily dose of "Where's Gee?"

The train trip across northern Italy was very nice. The scenery ranged from mountains to lakes with lots of agriculture. Very neat and green. Had a short stop in Milan's central station - may get back there someday soon!

Got up early today to get the train from Turin to Annecy, France. Within 10 minutes of leaving Turin you see rugged snowcapped peaks and you're surrounded by lush green forest and pastures. This train ride will be one of the most memorable parts of the trip. No photos can do it justice.

To reach our flat in Annecy you need to climb 56 steps up a circular stone turret to a cozy, well appointed space directly under a castle. Did some shopping
On the way to TurinOn the way to TurinOn the way to Turin

At times the train was going 180 mph!
and exploring the old town of Annecy and looking forward to a trip on the lake and a hike in the hills.

More details to follow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Felt very secureFelt very secure
Felt very secure

The big key opened the door in the next pic.


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb