Another foreign keyboard


Advertisement
Published: July 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Paris from the train arrival Paris from the train arrival Paris from the train arrival

Not as romantic as the other Paris we usually see
Yesterday was huge. And typing this on a French keyboard is just about frying my poor brain with so many letters in different spots!
Left Röhrenfurth in Germany by car to Kassel via the back ways to catch my trains.
First train was the ICE to Mannheim. No seated booked, 2nd class but so far I've always managed to get a great spot.
Mannhein involved lugging my 23kgs of up and down numerous flights of stairs to get the TGV which are the international fast trains across Europe.
Small world happening on the platform when i noticed a young girl with AFS tags on her luggage. She was an Argentinian who had spent 6 months in Germany.

TGV to Paris was really crowded but i had a seat booked, they are quite small compared to the ICE in Germany andHolland in terms of seat and luggage room.

And then Paris! Arrive at East Station and take Metro to Gare De Lyon. So first question where is the metro? 2nd where do i get tickets? 3rd is this the right train pulling into the line cause it might be shared.

Arrive Gare De Lyon metro and 1st question where do i find the ticket office for the regional trains? 2nd where are the platforms? Had to wait 3 hours for the TGV so decided to wander the streets around the station. Found a local cafe and had a baguette and coffee and a nice relax.
So mad rush for train once platform is announced, find the right carriage and my booked first class and off. (hint of the week book ahead in summer times)

And I'm now in Montélimar in the south, a small village with a nucelar power station, ruins of a 11th century castle and wonderful fresh local wines, olives, cheese and stone fruit!!!!!!!

Went for a look at the local farmers market this morning where families come to chat and meet and buy the very best in local and farm fresh food. Life is unhurried here and food savoured.





Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

marketmarket
market

This mornings views
CastleCastle
Castle

These are the original walls made from a layer of stones and with an inner layer of clay
Nuclear powerNuclear power
Nuclear power

80% of France's energy comes from this source


Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb