Bienvenue!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
March 17th 2005
Published: March 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

A Night In A Night In A Night In

Pizza and MTV in Toulouse
When we left Barcelona we had to see what city Ksenya could get a cheap train ticket to so we didn't make any reservations. We arrived in Toulouse with no where to sleep. We walked all through the town to the tourist office and got a book of hotels. Then we stood outside with all our luggage on "dat night" (Saturday) and Liz called just about every hotel in Toulouse. We ended up at a cute hotel across the river. We finally walked there at about 8:00 tired, hungry and dirty. After 1 1/2 showers we lost all hot water so we abandonned our original plan to go out and decided we'd just take it easy in Toulouse. We ordered a pizza, got a bottle of wine and spent the night watching countdowns on VH1 in French. On Sunday most shops were closed so we joined the after-church crowed for brunch at a salon de the for our first French crepes. On Monday we took a long walk on the river and hung out in a park where all the students hang out studying or playing guitar. That night after many failed attempts to find a restaurant that suited everyones dietary and financial needs we decided to skip eating and go straight to a student bar. Since it was Monday we got 2 for 1 drinks and although there were many cute French boys around we ended up talking to a crazy Italian lady who kept making Liz repeat French phrases back to her. On Monday night our hotel was booked so we had to walk back across the river to the hotel Toulouse which our guide book kindly described as "sordid" (of course we had already paid before we found that info) but at least it was only for one night. Now we're in Avignon, you'll be hearing about it shortly. Also we've added some pics! It takes about 5 minutes to load each picture so we only had time for a few but if you want to see what we put up you just click on "gallery" when you get to out home page. Hope everyone has a fabulous St. Patricks Day!!!

Advertisement



17th March 2005

Hi!
I'm glad you guys are having fun! Where the french crepes as good as stuffed crepes at Ihop? Joking love you two!! - Laura

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb