St Tropez - Just a quiet relaxing time with friends!


Advertisement
Published: January 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Oh, St. Tropez... Well, there's being drunk and there's being in a whirlpool of drunken debotury. We were in the latter. We arrived with our little yellow mini in hand and set off for a beach weekend with friends. Looking back, we should have known where this was going, but the sun, fun, and french sucked us in.

We arrived in Sainte-Maxime in the early afternoon. After locating our hotel, we decided to locate Rob's parents house. This never happened. We drove around the same street about 20 times, before throwing in the towel, and agreeing that yes, Rob's PH was impossible to find.

The next day we set off to Nikki Beach in St. Tropez. I'm not even sure how to describe what transpired over the next few hours. Basically, St. Tropez is where people who have money go to party, which, at least for us, isn't the case. The hilarity started in the parking lot, when Rob (who was driving) stepped out of the car (to hand it over to the valet), without putting it in park. The seconds that followed consisted of the silent shuffle and general murmur of confusion from those of us who were half-way in / half-way out of the car.

Then, came stepping through the doors to the beach club. This place was, well frankly, quite ridiculous. The crowd consisted of lots of people walking around in fancy things to display money. It didn't take long for us to feel extremely out of place. So, what does one do when one feels out of place.. one drinks. The remainder of the day is quite hazy. The highlights include, lots and lots of bottles of magnum Rose, and magnum sex on the beaches, funny dances in the pool with a bunch of Jersey shorer's, hair pieces being swept away, random disappearances to the beach, and a naked relay across the very busy pool. At the end of the day, the server kindly brought over the $5000.00 bill. At which point, mayhem might have occurred 😊

After leaving behind our trail of craziness, one might think that we were ready to call it a night, but not us, we entered town. This is the part of the night that got really crazy and stupid. I got side-swiped by a car, yes, I'm serious. And it really hurt. Crazy french drivers, driving at full speed down a parking lot. Now I have an exact replica of my horse-shoe wound on my left side. As the night carried on, we realized that many bars were turning us away. So, we packed it in for the night, literally. We squeezed 10 people into a fancy version of an outback.

The next morning, feeling stupid, ashamed, and carrying the worst case of the drunken demons, we quickly got out of dodge, hoping to escape our embarrassment from the night before.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb