Brugge, Belgium, Day 2


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Saint-Raphael » Brugge
September 9th 2010
Published: September 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Another nice day in Brugge, with the exception of being charged 9 euro for a Coca Cola at a restaurant...the waiter just ended up paying for it by not getting a tip. Other than that, the day was fun. It started at breakfast with our hosts and we met the other two couples staying at the B&B. Both couples were older, one from London and the other from a little town in Holland. It was very nice speaking with them and seeing where they were going next. We walked around and ventured into a few areas that we hadn't seen before. I tried to find a brewery just to the east of Brugge but it appparently isn't there anymore because at the address I had, there was a giant hole filled with construction workers.

We went through the Gruuthuse Museum, which is an 15-16th century mansion connected to the Church of Our Lady. They have various furnishings and a small exhibit of the history of Brugge o display. One of the rooms in the mansion looks out over the congegation of the church, very neat.

Then we went back to the Halve Maan Brewery to get a tour. That was fun, so see this old brewery which still has some of it's old equipment, non-functioning though) and is currently being operated by it's sixth generation of family. I met a girl who is originally from Youngstown and we chatted for a bit. Then of course, you get a beer at the end...and Brandi didn't really want hers, so I got two beers at the end!

We then souvenier shopped and got dinner in Markt Square (where the 9 euro Coke exists). Now we will be leaving for Brussels in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Luckiest DogLuckiest Dog
Luckiest Dog

This dog was sort of a tourist attraction.


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb