It's Nice in Nice


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
May 30th 2013
Published: June 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in the French Rivera and it is absolutely beautiful. After taking a very scenic drive around the coast… we stopped at Fragonard Perfumery. It was nice to smell everything, but a littleee out of my price range.



I went to bed pretty much right after dinner that night. The next morning Kristina and her mom went to Cannes Film festival and I stayed in Nice and explored the city. I met up with some friends and we rented bikes and road them along the coast line. The city reminded me a lot of LA, not like I’ve been there to know…



Everything was really expensive so for lunch we went to the market, got watermelons and ate them on the beach. Despite it being pretty frigid out, we jumped in the water, only to jump right back out.

We wanted to explore some more, so while we were sitting on the beach, we spotted a waterfall out in the distance, so we decided to hike up and find it. It was quite the climb but the views were beautiful!



Monaco was only about a half hour away, and the Grand Prix was this weekend. We decided to get dressed up to the nines and pretend to afford a night out in the city.

Probably the most immaculate site was the cars. Right outside the Monte Carlo Casino were Lamborghini, Ferrari, and BMW just all in a row. The monte Carlo wasn’t as impressive as I thought it was going to be. There was only one room with about 20 slot machines and 5 tables.



We walked around the race track, admired all the cars, boats, and exclusive parties that we were not getting into.

Because of the elaborate expense that the city required and the fact that Barcelona was the next city, I called it an early night for the second day (early being like 1 AM mind you)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb