It's Nice in Nice


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
August 28th 2007
Published: September 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

With no extra activities planned with our group today (probably our first day with none) Iz and I had plans to kick back. We had to do some laundry first though, as we hadn’t washed in over 2 weeks! After an hour and a half on the net, waiting for the clothes to dry, we were ready to hit the beach.

It didn’t take much to convince me to pay the extra to access the private beach, where you got deck chairs, an umbrella and table service. We didn’t have towels, and the rocks looked a bit uncomfortable. As it was already in the mid 30’s we stripped off (except for our togs) and took a dip. The water was delicious! You could see right down to your toes, and after about 5 metres, the bottom drops away totally to a depth of 20 metres. It was a bit chilly at first, but we soon got used to it, and flitted from the chairs to the water for the next 3 hours.

I put plenty of sunscreen on, while Iz browned up beside me (lucky bugger!) People are quite liberal here, and there were lots of topless ladies sunbathing around us, from gorgeous girls to ladies of leather (remember the scene in ‘There’s Something About Mary?’) The guys don’t wear boardies here either, and tight swimming shorts worn by Daniel Craig in the last ‘Bond’ film are more popular. It was lovely to relax and do nothing, and have a Pina Colada!

After drying ourselves out, we got dressed, and walked back into Nice to have lunch. This is such a lovely little French town, and the people have all been very friendly. We had heard that the French can be quite rude, so maybe that will come in Paris. After a yummy lunch and a few scoops of Galati, we headed back down the main shopping strip, and I managed to score a great little pair of black shoes.

It was time for an afternoon nap, and then a quick bite to eat. We had to repack the bags before hitting the sack, for our trip to Barcelona tomorrow. Au Revoir to France for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 15; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0895s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb