Reacquaintance with Nice


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
October 24th 2017
Published: October 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Fabulous to be here...a real mooch around day in Nice

We could have trammed our way down Rue Jean Medecin, however we decided to walk...
Market day 6 days a week from Place Liberation. Walked right down to Place Messina which became more and more pedestrian orientated. Lovely sunny day and on through Parc Promenade du Paillon and out to the Promenade des Anglais. Some people swimming. School holidays here so lots of people about. Around the promenade to the port and was totally shocked to see a gigantic structure at the base of the port right in front of the beautiful buildings. The tram finishes here and turns around to circut again... I could not believe it! And so I shouldn't have... it is temporary as they dig underground!! It is not their style to ruin something already so wonderful.
Onto the ship marina where there was an open day for agents/brokers to sieze deals with super yacht charters. A big business around here from Cannes to Menton. Stopped and spoke to a young crew hand who gave us a little insight into super yacht life. These smaller boats (in pics) would normally carry a crew of about 14. Life can be full on depending on your boss, how often the boat is used, when the family with children want to go out, you choose a medium of what kind of work and life you want with a boat and boss.
Through to Garibaldi to catch the tram home...easy


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



24th October 2017

Just like Malta Buses
You wait for a blog, then 4 come along at once :) Nice looks fab and so does your accommodation. I think I can see 5 bottles of wine in the kitchen photo but no cans of Carlsberg? :)
25th October 2017

Blog catchup before I started on the wine!!

Tot: 0.381s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb