Day 34: Gordes to Mouister Saint Marie


Advertisement
Published: April 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The destination for today are the Gorges Du Verdon a spectacular gorge and mountain area well know and reputed to be worth the drive. Trundling along typical narrow country lanes we came to the area and first found the lake and saw this little village nestled on the cliffs above and more spectacularly the church jammed up into the cleft of the cliff, you gotta wonder why, taking the usual pics we decided to head for the gorges and camp up in the hills for the night, good plan until around 20km on Mark decided to look at the fuel gauge and bugger it was very low, too low in fact and it was back down the hills to find some fuel, by the time this was all done it was getting late so we decided to stay the night and head off in the morning. Good call as we decided to head up to the village for dinner, after a ha ha ha 700meter walk we found the greatest little village we had come across in some time, we found a nice little restaurant and dined out very cheaply indeed, Bree and Pam had the duck and I had some fish dish with leeks, different for me but what a taste sensation. The greatest thing about the village was the waterfall running through the village itself down into the lake further downstream. With tummies full and some superb wine under the belt it was off for the walk back down to the camper for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.344s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 79; dbt: 0.1142s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb