Travels in France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Menton
June 23rd 2015
Published: June 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

We have been travelling now for several weeks in France. It is a country with such diversity and we are sometimes surprised by the differences after as little as two hours in the car.



I hope these photos do some of it justice.



Our journey in France began in Menton on the French Riviera where we learnt if you are not careful on the roads you can end up back in Italy 3 times in one day! Then we headed to the Luberon in Provence. And the lavender was just starting to bloom! Our next stop was in Peycelsi one of the Bastide towns in the SW. Close to Carcassonne. Then on to Beynac in the Dordogne where we spent time with my nephew and his wife. I love the Dordogne, great food, if you like Foie Gras of course, canoeing, biking, walking, farmland, and castles. Heaven. And now we are in one of the valleys of the Massif Central. Old volcanic region which has been eroded by glaciers. A geographers and walkers dream. And the weather is perfect for walking off some of those croissants.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



23rd June 2015

Wow!
Fantastic photos again - I love the one of the lavender with the leading lines. It sounds wonderful being in the volcanic mountains - a geographer's paradise indeed. Continue to have a brilliant holiday. Love Franny
24th June 2015

Your Travels
Hi Hilary and Roger Thanks for sending me the link to your blog. Enjoying the read and the photos. I am just a tad pea green with envy.
24th June 2015

Beynac
In the footsteps of Richard the Lionheart.

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb