Marseille


Advertisement
Published: May 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived into Marseille and decided to spend two nights. The first night we were able to couch surfer with a french couple. They were amazing to us! We arrived pretty late and were welcomed into their home with open arms. The next morning we woke and walked around the river and the old part of the city. It had such a great feel to it. So many people were out walking by the water, sipping coffee at the cafes and viewing the sights. We met up with the couch surfers around noon, along with another couch surfer that had stayed with them a few years back. She was also a Canadian, from Quebec. They all took us out to a beautiful area that many don't get a chance to see. Apparently, a lot of locals don't even know it exists. We went and explored the land while dong about a 4 hour hike through the hills, along the ocean's side. It was unbelievable and so amazing to go with locals. They knew the area inside out, were an active, young couple and enjoyed Canadian company apparently! We packed a picnic and made our lunch beside crystal clear water. We were in awe the entire time, hiking over cliffs and looking out to the rich blue ocean. It was unbelievable. After hiking, the couch surfer's were heading to Nice to see family that night, so we went off and found a hostel. We were leaving the next morning, so didn't stay too long but it was actually nice to meet some other travelers and dig into the cheap vino once again, haha. We even made ourselves a stir fry dinner that night, delicious! The next morning we got on a train very early and headed to Barcelona. On the way, we stopped in Montpellier for a few hours between train rides.

Note: Will have to add pics in Canada, disc isn't working.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 21; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb