The French Adventure: wedding bells


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Èze
June 24th 2012
Published: June 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So, I know I haven't been writing for a couple days, but I'll try to do some to get back on track.

The 23nd, after an exhausting flight (delays, an hour waiting for the rental car and a blocked highway), it was wedding day. After getting up way too early to get ready and having breakfast outside in the warm french sun (with the very awesome view of the sea), we went to a lovely little church on a hill in Eze where the wedding ceremony would be held. The outside of the church was not that spectacular, yet the inside was. It was full of wonderful fresco's (and uncomfortable church benches, I would later discover). On the to the church, which was quite a climb on heels, we walked on a apparently medieval road with old Mediterranean style buildings. The ceremony itself, was quite lovely as well. Although I'm not catholic at all, the sounds of the choir singing in Latin and the way it echoed through the churches, along with the looks of the church, are something I will remember for a long time. Unfortunately, I have only 1 picture of the church, but mom might have made more.

After that, we went to a hotel restaurant called La Chevre d'Or on a gorgeous location. While walking to this golden goat restaurant, we walked passed a lovely garden, filled with sculptures, on the side of the hill the restaurant was on. The terrace of the restaurant has a good view over azure colored sea, which was a lovely place for a lunch and some champagne (which was fittingly called l'amour).

In the evening, after a quick nap on my side, we came back to this place for dinner and ate while watching the lights in Eze light up. Absolutely amazing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb