La Plage de Cannes has a lot of women with grossly leathery skin.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Cannes
August 19th 2011
Published: August 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we slept in again, zut! We got ready quick, bought some yogurt and pain au chocolate at the Monop’ and some fruit at the outdoor market for brunch. We went to the beach again, were it was pretty crowded already at 11am. We decided that here, people are either fat or skinny, no middle ground. There are a lot of people that are way tanner than they should be… there is a point when it just doesn’t look good anymore. And naturally, we saw many women topless tanning. Mary and I felt a little left out actually. We kind of want to do it but we realized that we are so white underneath that it would be obvious that we are first-timers… so we’ll see. The men wear those weird bathing suits that are kind of like speedos but with a little bit of shorts. It’s the everyday things that remind me how different the US is. We got some color today! Both of us agreed that a relaxing thing to do is close your eyes and just listen to the French. The kids are easier to understand because they speak slower and with easy words. The Mediterranean sea was fantastic to swim in. We forgot that it was salty though, so the first time we went underwater there was a lot of spitting. From the water we looked back onto the shore and the city of Cannes… its so gorgeous, my mom would die if she came here.

We decided Cannes is like Santa Monica. Palm trees and expensive shopping. Except, its in France. Narrow streets and beautiful buildings. There are yachts everywhere! From the
We walked around, got lunch from the market again and took some time to write. Now I am here, we will probably explore the street with bars tonight and possibly make it back to the beach with wine to join our friends from last night.

Bon soir et les bises de Cannes



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Reverse photo bomb:Reverse photo bomb:
Reverse photo bomb:

I didn't know Tony Comella was in Cannes and could speak fluent french!?


Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb