Avignon & BBQ with Regis et Chantal


Advertisement
Published: May 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Patrick's PlacePatrick's PlacePatrick's Place

here's where we stayed and had all of our evening dinners
Cinco de Mayo in Provence. We made our way to Avignon after breakfast and went to a market (where I felt I got more dirty looks because of the video camera than anywhere else on these trips) and walked through town to the Palace Square. We did not go inside the Palace of the Popes, but we did take a quick peek into the cathedral next door. It was already time to head to the location of our BBQ lunch by that time. The weather was better (not sunny, but not raining) when we arrived, and the food was already being prepared. Regis and Chantal were our hosts, and Patrick and Babette and Babette's son Olivier were there to join us. Regis and Chantal run a small 6-bedroom inn, which they spent 2 years fixing up. It is really really nice, and the rooms are about $150 a night, which is a bargain for how beautiful the location is. For lunch we had grilled tomatoes, potatoes, lamb, eggplant, strawberries, pineapple, bananas, and lots of other stuff. Wine, of course, was flowing, and we finished the meal with homemade lemoncello. It was close to 5 when we left there, and we got back to Patrick's inn around 6, and had a few hours until dinner was ready, so once again, it was nice to take advantage of the more relaxed schedule and pace. Dinner was later and lighter than usual, but we still had dessert: lavender ice cream.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0953s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb