Antibes Spring Vacation


Advertisement
Published: October 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We always took a vacation for a week every spring. Often it was to the British Isles, as we loved lambing season with all the daffodils and tulips blooming.

However, we hadn't been to Antibes in three years, and this would be the first visit with children.

My committe wasn't meeting on May 12th, so on Friday, May 6th we headed south by way of Luxembourg. Metz, Nancy, Dijon, and Lyons where we got on the Autoroute to the Sun. At just over 700 miles, it is a long drive, not to be repeated again. Out next trip to Antibes would be seven years later in 1995, and we took the train. At least this time we had our car with us which came in handy for visiting Cannes and the hilltop towns such as St Paul de Vence and Grasse.

We stayed at our favorite hotel, the Royal, for the week. We spent the mornings at the beach and touring every afternoon...pretty much the same as when Linda and I didn't have any children. But it was fun to see Tamara playing at the beach. Rosanna was still too young at seven months to appreciate the beach.

We took the long road back to Overijse on Saturday, 14 May 1988.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Taking a walk in AntibesTaking a walk in Antibes
Taking a walk in Antibes

Tamara, Bob, and Rosanna
The girls shopping in AntibesThe girls shopping in Antibes
The girls shopping in Antibes

Rosanna, Linda, and Tamara


Tot: 0.518s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 63; qc: 202; dbt: 0.1884s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.7mb