Too hot to go anywhere so we had a lovely chill day


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Poitou-Charentes » La Rochelle
June 16th 2022
Published: June 17th 2022
Edit Blog Post

After the heat and indeed overheating of yesterday we decided there was only one thing to do to ensure we kept cool.

We headed for the Hyper U just 1/2 a mile from the campsite. The campsite was probably all on its own in the countryside once on the edge of a village on the outskirts of La Rochelle. Now it is on the edge of a massive shopping centre. This is not a problem as the campsite is away from the shops and that Hyper U was pretty handy. My plan was to hang about the chiller cabinets for a good part of the day and I think we were in there for at least 2 1/2 hours. Bob doesn't usually like to spend too long on shopping but today even he enjoyed his extended shopping session.

It was actually a really super supermarket and we had a lovely time checking everything out, choosing lovely food and looking for some of our favourites. One of which has to be Rondelle cheese with walnuts which they don't sell outside France. I have missed it.

Thoroughly chilled after the shopping expedition which we did need to make as food supplies were getting low, and Smart Arse loaded with the bags we returned to the campsite to savour some of our delicacies for lunch, which by this point was quite a late lunch.

Then to continue the chill session we went to the pool and submerged ourselves in the lovely cool water for a couple of hours until we were even more wrinkly than usual.

The heat is not getting any less, in fact forecast still shows it going up and up. There is only one way for this to end and that is in a storm but not expected for another couple of days yet.

Tomorrow we head further south but ialso East to the Dordogne so had to do a bit of a tidy before bed putting most of the things away in the back of the van ready for a reasonably early start. Photos very limited just what I took with my phone. The camera unusually didn't go out today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb