(Animal) Market day


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Poitou-Charentes » Cersay
January 28th 2011
Published: January 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today I went to the market with Maria, who wanted to buy a billy goat and 4 turkeys. The goat was to 'service' her three nanny goats, who ara all in season, and the turkeys where to breed more turkeys for dog food. This is country life man!
So we set off to Rouillac, about 30km away. And how good was the drive. mile after mile of open countryside, and hardly a car in sight. No road works. No traffc jams.No road rage. No stress! I really could get used to this..............

Anyway, we got to the market, which was full of little traders selling their chickens, ducks, geese, pigeons, turkeys, rabbits, dogs, hamsters, guinea pigs, you name it. But not a goat in sight sadly. I was looking forward to driving home with a randy billy gota going berserk in the back of the jeep!!! But Maria bought a couple of year old turkeys - i male, i female, to start breeding. They were in a box in the back on the way home, and hardly made a sound.

Some pics of the day.................................


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



28th January 2011

(Animal) Market day
Looks absolutely fab Mark, if it was 20 degrees hotter I would be there sharing it with you lol!! keep up the good work.
30th January 2011

guess you not missing the south west trains!?!
your lifestyle looks awesome Mark, glad to see you getting stuck in - wouldn't expect anything less. enjoy and best wishes!

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb