The City of Love, Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Pays-de-la-Loire
May 4th 2008
Published: July 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

And I so fell in love with this place from the time we stepped on the railway platform, for a moment I felt as if I landed in Mumbai's Victoria Terminus. The city just makes you blend in it.

I felt so much comfortable and at home as everything here reminded me of the life in Mumbai.

Paris is one of the world's most expensive cities but that doesn't mean a vacation there has to break the bank. There are numerous attractions, sights and things to do in Paris and getting around the city is just a walk away from the nearest railway station. And getting a ticket doesn't mean standing in a long queue everytime and in every station, you get a 'mobilis' pass for the whole day so you can travel anytime and from anywhere!

Paris has so much history and so much to see…! From Museum d'Louvre, Notredame to River Sienna, the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe. A timeless experience that you would love to die for!

We just had trouble identifying the routes on the first day but thanks to the Turkish lady who came out of her way to help us after that the journey was as easy as it can get.

The Arc de Triomphe is one of Paris' most visit attractions. This monument is devoted to one of France's most fearless leaders, Napoleon Bonaparte. A visit to the Arc de Triomphe gives a chance to see this architectural wonder, as well as a fabulous view and photo ops point on the Champs Elysees.

What I didn’t like was Notredame been made so commercial. Its a place of worship and I thought there should have been some timeslot for tourist , it was really disturbing to see the tourists flashing their cameras during the high mass. It was a sad sight and I am sure even God must be disturbed with that sight.

After going up the Eiffel Tower I was wondering why people call it a lover’s spot? Why is it so relevant of love when no way it is connected to it. No wonder there was no love flowing around me.... at least! We enjoyed the short walk on the banks of the River Sienna, thanking our stars that we didn't choose those exhorbitant packages of the River Sienna cruise.

Finally the last day in Europe and of all the places we ended up in a Malayali restaurant in Corvisart thinking we would get the taste of India. One confused Malayali this guy is.... the interiors of the restaurant were Jaipuri, the menu was a blend of North and South India and the menu is listed in French (with subtitles in English). I was impressed with the menu but equally depressed with the food and worse after paying the bill. Surprisingly we paid the highest amount here (36 Euros to be precise) than on the entire trip and we still came out with empty stomachs. I felt sorry for those local people who were relishing the food thinking they are getting the taste of India... only if they knew what Indian food really is!







Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb