The end of the trip


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
November 7th 2010
Published: November 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This will be my last blog for the trip. We have done a full circle now that we are back in Paris. We finished off in Lisbon in glorious sunshine and warmth but now in Paris it is cold and raining but it is still beautiful as only Paris can be. We had a great last day in Lisbon going to a place just out of the city called Sintra where we went to 2 palaces and 1 castle, alot of walking and steep hills but very enjoyable. We tasted the Portuguese liquor here called Ginja (no not gunja)out of a chocolate cup It's made of cherries and too sweet for me.
We went to the Left bank yesterday in the pouring rain where the Parisians carried on as usual. The place was very alive and happening and we had a delicious French meal, Pate, steak with mushroom sauce and apple pie for me (yes I ate it all) for me and comfit de canard (duck) for Em. Finished up at a piano bar with live french music after that, a great night.
Today being the 1st Sunday of the month the museums were free so we made an exhausting day of it and went to the Centre Pompidou where they have the modern and contemporary art, an amazing place where I was able to take photos, Matisse, Kandinsky, Picasso and others. Finished up with another trip to the Louvre, as it was the afternoon no queuing and straight in all for nothing.
Tonight we are off to the Lido, the famous cabaret in the Champs Elysee. Should be a great night. That only leaves us with tomorrow. We are meeting up with an au pair we met in Madrid on the pub crawl we did there, she comes from New York and is very friendly.
Then on the plane to return to Melboune, only 22 hours flying time and 3 hours at the airport in Seoul. I am going to take sleeping pills on the last leg to try to beat the jetlag. Looking forward to seeing everyone when I get back.
Hope your top lip isn't too uncomfortable with your Movember attempt David.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb