Hello from the city of lights...


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
August 2nd 2010
Published: August 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,

Just a quick update to say all is good here... weather has been beautiful. We met up with Mike who looks like an Indian mountain guru after spending 6 months in Asia! Having a great time.. We travelled from Spain on the wonderful French high speed train to the Loire valley.. vinyards, farming, little villages and wonderful chateaus. Have been having lots of relaxed walks, taken in many of the sights, a good few coffees, a little French language practice, daily yoga under Mike's instruction, wine tasting and a good dose of french food. Still in search of the infamous French Onion Soup... Have seen a few of the little french villages (many of the medieval streets and buildings remain), two of the chateaus (palaces) in the Loire valley, in Paris the Eiffle tower, Muse de Orsay, the Arc de Triumph, the Bastille, the Notre Dame cathedral, and more. Brian and I did an english walking tour of the Latin quarter where we are staying and discovered a number of ancient churches, Roman ruins and wonderful medieval streets with brightly coloured markets and cafes spilling out onto the streets. We all went to the open air market yesterday and sampled the local fare.

Brian and I are off to London tomorrow.. Mike sounds like he is staying here and catching up with a friend who seems to have landed a nice place for them to stay...

We will update the blog when we get to the uk with some pictures.

Trust all is well with you all....

Love jacqui and brian.

Advertisement



3rd August 2010

Hope you haven't forgotten
Dont forget the main reason for being sent on this journey of discovery. The missing sox's as head of the organization we are all hoping you are succssesful and are able to return a few home. keep up the good work boss. Love Dennis and Valmai
3rd August 2010

Cold Here
Great to hear all is fun and safe. Its cold in Adelaide, lots of rain. Looking forward to hearing from U guys again. Very pleasing to know Mike is enjoying life to the fullest.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb