Paris by night and Chateau De Versailles


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
March 9th 2010
Published: March 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 9.3.2010 day 147
Paris by night and Chateau De Versailles
Today we stared out by going to the University of Sorbonne and the Military academy. We then drove out to Versailles where the Chateau De Versailles is. The Chateau is the grandest and most famous Chateau in France. It was built in the mid 16th century during the reign of Louis XIV the Roi Sobeil or sun king. The Chateau is massive with lots of support buildings and has fantastic bed chambers and glorious landscaped Gardens we could have spent hours in the gardens except it was so cold. There is a ride that takes you around the gardens as it would take ours to walk around them all. The Chateau was home to Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette before the mob marched in 1789 and dragged them off to Paris to behead them.
We then drove to Cimetire Du Pere Lachaise were 800,000 people are buried including Chopin, Moliere, Oscar Wild, Jim Morrison and many other famous people. We wanted to go in but the parking here required special cards that we did not have we will need to find out how to get one and come back if we can. We then drive to the Chateau Vinnces which was originally built in the 12 century and was added to until the 17th century. We then went back to our apartment for some food and rest before going out again.
Paris is very nice at night with all the lights it was fantastic to see them. The Eiffel Tower looks fantastic all light up.



Additional photos below
Photos: 97, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb