Paris by day


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
March 8th 2010
Published: March 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Monday 8.3.2010 day 146
Paris by day
When we arrived in Paris we checked in to our hotel and then when in to the centre of Paris for our first look around went to the Eiffel Tower and Jardins du trocadero we will come back and look at them at night. We then went to the Conciergrie where Marie Antoinette was beheaded. We drove past the Louvre, Jardin Des Tuleries and the Arc De Triomphine which is in the middle of a massive roundabout. The Arc was commissioned in 1806 by Napoleon to commemorate his victories but remain unfinished when he started to lose battles and then wars. It was completed in 1836. We drove past were the Place De La Bastille stood before being destroyed on the 14th of July 1789 (Bastille Day) it is now a busy round about.
The Cathedral de Notre Dame De Par had long lines to go in and from the outside did not seem as impress as the one in Marseille so we did not go in.
We saw lots of other amazing things as well. We then did some shopping and went back to our apartment exhausted. Had dinner and some French Champagne and look out the beautiful city lights including the lights of the Eiffel Tower from our apartment window and planed were we would go tomorrow there is so much to see in Pairs it is so hard to decide what to do in only 3 days.



Additional photos below
Photos: 94, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb