Paris Take 2


Advertisement
Europe » France » Paris
November 28th 2009
Published: June 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Who'd have thought that only a year after first visiting it, I'd be back in Paris?! Where the first time I did all of the typical touristy things like the Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower I made a point of not repeating myself this time around. Paris is a city that has so much to do it's difficult to make a decision! I began my trip by catching up with my lovely french friend Sylvain. Sylvain an... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Dessert!Dessert!
Dessert!

I'd avoided creperies because I didn't think I'd get a filling meal for my money but OMG I was MISSING OUT!
New BridgeNew Bridge
New Bridge

Funnily enough it's actually the oldest bridge in Paris. It was the first stone one built.
The Kings drunken friendsThe Kings drunken friends
The Kings drunken friends

Mounted on the New Bridge. They're all different! Notice the one who looks like he's about to throw up? Must have been one hell of a party!
The CrownThe Crown
The Crown

Entrance to a metro station. Can't decide if I love it or hate it. Our tour guide couldn't decide either and she'd been looking at it for 2 years!
Too coolToo cool
Too cool

Love this little teddy in one of the Gallery Lafayette's windows. Too cool for school.



23rd June 2010

Gorgeous Dog
I love the dog. He is gorgeous and seems like a real character. I had a good laugh as I read about him. You saw some of the things we've seen, especially Montmartre. As you know I loved it. Happily we were not bothered by the portrait artists when we sat outside for lunch. Dad got caught later as we walked around the artist's stalls. That pancake looks delicious! Did it have any alcohol on it? I'm glad you got to share Paris with Sylvain again. It is always so much more fun together site seeing. I like the "shadows" sculpture - very effective, and of course all the night lights are great in Paris. You were lucky to see all the Xmas light stalls. We have just been looking at some holiday brochures (yes they are trying to get us to go again!) and one of the tours is specifically to see those shops around Europe. Re the Braille Playboy, if you remember your grandfather used to read it. He reckoned it had some good articles in it. I always wondered if they had Braille girls, too, but he said not. Did you see any? Nice to read the last part of your journey!!
24th June 2010

Braille
Yes it was because I remembered that story about Grandad that I took the photo. Made me laugh! :D I can't remember if the pancake had alcohol or not. I don't think so. So are you considering another tour? That's awesome! :D Come via england. I would LOVE to show you where I live and to meet my friends. I'm afraid I still haven't done the blog about Versaille and the other chateu's that I vistited before getting to Paris, but I really don't think I'll ever get around to it. Only just noticed that I'd already written most of this Paris one and thought I'd better finish it!
24th June 2010

Going overseas again
I would REALLY love to come over again. I'd like to see Greece and Dad is interested in looking at Eastern Europe but we spent galloping heaps of money on the last 2 holidays and he is worried about not having enough for our retirement and possible round AUssie tour (grey nomad style) so it looks as though it is not going to happen. I would love to see how you've settled in there, too. I don't think I've actually been to MK. I was looking at someone's log on the home page yesterday and it was about Bath. It brought back some lovely memories and made me wish I could revisit some of my favourite places like Bath. I have always wanted to return to Chatsworth House, too, which I saw as a 10/11 year old but made such an impression that I have never forgotten it. Maybe I can persuade him to come to UK while you're still there. It would be nice!
24th June 2010

It would be nice but don't jeapordise your Australia tour. I know that's really important to him. MK is not the kind of place you would have visited before, it's just a modern city. I want to go back to bath too but it's a little hard to get around by public transport everywhere if I'm only going there for the day. Will hopefully have that car sorted soon though. Where's chatsworth House again?
24th July 2010

Good one
Hello Stacey, How are you ? I have just made to trips recently and posted the blog. Your Paris take 2 blog is too good awesome snaps the one - the dog carrying the huge stick is so natural ,yes- if it had been sharper you could post this for a contest , really its a prety good shot. 34 entries adn 469 snaps, its amazing wish you more travel , more fun, take care, god bless you. Do plan a travelogue with this collection. Ramz
1st August 2010

Thank you Ramz! I do definitely love taking pictures and would love to be a travel photographer. Maybe one day!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb