Canal du Midi


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées
June 18th 2008
Published: June 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

For the last week, I have been on a canal boat, travelling down the beautiful Canal du midi. We started our journey, and for the first day, we needed a lot of help, but after that, we got the hang of it. Some tricky things, such as locks and mooring need time to figure out. Locks, you probably don’t know what I’m talking about. On some parts, the Canal water level is uneven. That’s when locks come in handy. They have two or more gates. They close the gates, and raise/lower the water level. They open the gates and you go in. Depending on the type of lock, they may need to raise/lower the water level again. Sometimes, there are double locks. And triple. Once, we did a legendary 7 level lock.

We saw some amazing sights on the Canal du Midi. We saw some beautiful baby ducklings, it is breeding season. We also saw a creature that I had never seen until then. An otter. It was so cute!

Some funny things also happened on the canal. Once when we were travelling along, my hat fell in the water! We had to stop the boat and get it, because it is the only hat I have. Another funny thing that happened was just before we were about to go in the 7 level lock, our boat drifted into the blackberries. It took us a while to get it out again.

Thanks for reading.
From Maddy
( Leave a comment.)



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



27th June 2008

hi
good to here your having fun today is the first day of our school holidays i got my report yesterday i got A's and B's mostly A's though.

Tot: 0.34s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb