Perpignan


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Saint-Jean
November 16th 2008
Published: November 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Monday 3rd Nov(1n)

Sainte Marie Sur Mer ( last nignt in France)

Yesterdays rain is nothing but yesterdays rain. It’s beautiful and sunny this morning and the traffic very quiet. The drive to Spain will take us through Perpignan. So Perpignan here we come.

The sceneries are breath taking and so is the drive through dangerous mountain passes. The slightest mistake would be costly. Linda loved the sceneries and keep saying ‘Oh Abder look at that; it’s beautiful’.
but for me I have to keep my eyes on the road and my foot on the break.
It was 4 in the afternoon when we reached the suburbs of Perpignan. We decided to set camp at village called Sainte Marie Sur Mer.
By now we are accustomed to staying in chateaux, and as it happens Sainte Marie Sur Mer has a beautifull chateau called ’Chateau Barrera’
We contacted the owner, he was very pleased to show us around the chateau and the place where we can park in security to spend the night in our motor home.
The obligatory wine display/testing/production took an hour and then we went back to the caravan.
There isn't much of interest to us that we haven't already seen in previous years, so it's a matter of getting comfy in the motor-home and perhaps just watch a DVD and get to bed early because tomorrow the drive will be long.
Linda waived her magic wand and a superb diner was served. Unbelievable!…….


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb